This policy should be read alongside, and in addition to, our Terms and Conditions.
WHO ARE WE?
North East 500 Limited is a Limited Company registered in Scotland under company number SC665232.
Registered address: 7 Meikle Gardens, Westhill, Scotland, AB32 6WN
Main Trading address: 7 Meikle Gardens, Westhill, Scotland, AB32 6WN
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address: 7 Meikle Gardens, Westhill, Scotland, AB32 6WN
For purposes of the applicable Data Protections Laws, North East 500 Limited is the “data controller”. This means that North East 500 Limited determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
What does this notice cover?
This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- the right to be informed about the collection and the use of their personal data
- the right to access personal data and supplementary information
- the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete
- the right to erasure (to be forgotten) in certain circumstances
- the right to restrict processing in certain circumstances
- the right to data portability, which allows the data subject to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services
- the right to object to processing in certain circumstances
- rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
- the right to withdraw consent at any time (where relevant)
- the right to complain to the Information Commissioner
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this email address: email@example.com
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period which we hold it.
We may collect the following personal data from you: (this may vary according to your relationship with us)
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Business name
- Job title
- Payment information
- Information about your preferences and interests
North East 500 Limited will collect you Data in a number of ways, for example:
- When you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, email or through any other means;
- Completing an application to become a Visitor or Business member of North East 500 Limited or a Sponsor
- When you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services
- When you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise
- By you agreeing to be held on our database
- Signing up for email updates
- When you use our services
How do you use my personal data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your account.
- Supplying products and services to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you.
- Personalising and tailoring our products and services for you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Supplying you with information by email or post that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of mailings or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
With your permission and where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes and to keep you informed about North East 500 Limited, which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message or post with information, news, and offers on our products and services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
KEEPING DATA SECURE
We will use technical and organisation measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- Access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- We store your Date on secure servers.
Technical and organisation measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this email address: email@example.com.
sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. We will never share your personal data with our partners or any third parties unless you agree/ opt-in.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
DATA THAT IS COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- We automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to the Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, time and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- We will collect your data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookies settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the website, see the section below headed “Cookies”.
We use Google Analytics to gather information about how people use our website.
We do not store or collect personal information as such data is anonymised by Google.
This information helps us investigate efficiency and effectiveness of our website, its users needs and how we can improve.
Website log files collect your IP address, when you visited the site and the pages you visited. An IP address is a numeric code assigned to a device based on your geographical location.
You may opt out of our use of analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
When you use a social media platform and interact with North East 500, you do so by consenting to the terms & conditions of such platforms. This can include Facebook, Twitter, TikToK, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube and Google+. For more information, please see their individual Privacy Polices.
If you tag #northeast500 on any social media platform it gives us the right to repost and your post may potentially appear within our marketing materials.
To provide newsletters we require contact information including but not limited to first name, last name and email address.
We only collect this data with your consent and retain it on a secure database. To withdraw consent click unsubscribe or please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and your data will be securely removed from the database.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
TRANSFER OF DATA ABROAD
We do not transfer personal data outside the EEA.
How do I contact you?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details
Email address: email@example.com
Postal Address: 7 Meikle Gardens, Westhill, Aberdeenshire, AB32 6WN
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.
This Website may place the following Cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.